IGNORED

Who makes a trunk for my '06 RSTD?

The Venture trunk is a good idea, just rediculously expensive to the tune of over a grand to buy it new. If you find one on EBay, you better jump on it quick, they get snatched up in the blink of an eye.

Best bet for a good looking trunk would be the Harley version, you can usually find a couple on EBay for a fair price. Even cheaper if you find one damaged and can do the fiberglass work & paint yourself.

Most of the aftermarket brand trunks are pretty cheesy looking, thin fiberglass, kinda small, and don't have any lighting. They usually aren't strong enough to function as a passenger backrest. There are a couple that are decent quality, but are a bit pricey.

For cigarette lighter options, look at my pics in my profile. I added one up front on the steering neck cover. Was the best place for me to hook up my GPS. Send me a pm if you want details.

Edited by Pecker
Added info about power outlet.

I have the removeble tour pak (trunk) from the guy here. But now I'm doing a mod to the bike to install the Venture Tour pak got all the parts but just need the time to do it. I've seen a few Tour deluxes with this mod and really like it.... So if anyone is interested in a setup let me know....

Naturbar (Buz) here is the gentleman who is making the removable rack to place the trunk onto - search his name here and you will see his work. The cleanest I have seen - good price - wish he had done these 3 years ago, before I bought my unit(s).

For trunks - Scootworks makes a good one for a good price - http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/page=partstrunk.htm/SID=1181005493.32526

I have a Harley trunk on mine - love it. I can actually hold almost twice as much as a Venture Trunk - though I did originally want a Venture Trunk for its looks - but glad I went the way I did. Hope this helps.

Take a look at this

http://www.ioffer.com/i/HD-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-TOUR-PAK-PK-ROADKING-ELECTRA-GLIDE-104261232

then email Justin at tohptrading@gmail.com to order it. Price with shipping was $189.00, but the rack I got had a blemish, so I don't know what "today's price" will be. I got the mounting bracket from one of our members Buz (naturbar).

I haven't mounted it yet, so no pictures... YET.

Walter