HI everyone, I'm about to put Bub 4-2 exhausts(full system, not slip ons) on my '06 RSTD. Has anyone done this? Did you have to rejet? If so, where did you get your jet kit? I can't find jet kits for this bike anywhere. I have already put K&N filters on it. Any help would be great.

I added Bub Sleepers, K&Ns, and a Dyna ignition module. I had read here on this site that with these mods, no rejetting is required but I was skeptical so I had a local tuner play with it on his dyno. He agreed it was fine and suggested no changes except to the size of my wallet! :o

I have since put over 13000 km on, about 7000 km pulling a 500+ pound camper trailer with my wife and I bothe aboard, on 87 octane gas with no problems whatsoever.

Spark plugs were done about 1000 km ago, nice light brown, even colour, just like it ought to be.

I'd just stick them on and run it! :080402gudl_prv:

I am putting Bub slip ons, K&N filters this week (2005 Tour Deluxe). Did your changes hurt or help your gas mileage?

2007 RSTD - K&N filters - Roadhouse slip on pipes - 44 mpg after pipes, 38 mpg before pipes. Very criticaly checked mileage. I also plugged off AIS sytem and had carbs synced ($20.00 at dealers- Jefferson City,Ky-Boone the mechanic. ). I think it is very important to have carbs synced after the pipes and filters, this changes your air flow on your bike and thus requires syncing carbs. My bike had a small surge at around 60 mile an hour and was not getting a good gas mileage, synced carbs because of the excellant advise of these fine folks and FIXED MY BIKE:cool10::bighug:. Thanks to everyone and VentureRider.Org........... Just my opinion.:draming:

I added Bub Sleepers, K&Ns, and a Dyna ignition module. I had read here on this site that with these mods, no rejetting is required but I was skeptical so I had a local tuner play with it on his dyno. He agreed it was fine and suggested no changes except to the size of my wallet! :o

I have since put over 13000 km on, about 7000 km pulling a 500+ pound camper trailer with my wife and I bothe aboard, on 87 octane gas with no problems whatsoever.

Spark plugs were done about 1000 km ago, nice light brown, even colour, just like it ought to be.

I'd just stick them on and run it! :080402gudl_prv:

Sooooo..... what are the numbers? Any performance increase? Baseline hp & torque numbers? After the mods? Inquiring minds want to know... :cool10:

Sooooo..... what are the numbers? Any performance increase? Baseline hp & torque numbers? After the mods? Inquiring minds want to know... :cool10:

If I remember right, 73 HP at the rear wheel stock, 74 HP with mods....torque I can't recall but very little change as well. Seat-of-the-pants says it works a bit better but since it also sounds faster :hihi: it's hard to really say for sure. I think if I did it again I'd just put the slip-ons for the sound and leave it at that.... :8:

If I remember right, 73 HP at the rear wheel stock, 74 HP with mods....torque I can't recall but very little change as well. Seat-of-the-pants says it works a bit better but since it also sounds faster :hihi: it's hard to really say for sure. I think if I did it again I'd just put the slip-ons for the sound and leave it at that.... :8:

My bone stock 05 RSTD turned 75 HP and 75 FT-LBS on the dyno.

Well I got the exhaust on today, haven't got the carb's checked out yet, but had to go for a short ride. It sounds great and felt like it ran better than before, time will tell on performance and gas milage.

My bone stock 05 RSTD turned 75 HP and 75 FT-LBS on the dyno. (tsigwing from Texas)

Sounds similar....Calgary is at 3500 feet so a short drop from 75 to 72/73-ish would be about right. I guess.:confused24:

That's about what BUB's dyno chart shows - the one that compares their header system to stock....