IGNORED

Fishtail Exhaust choices for RSTD

Looking to possibly change out the stock mufflers on my RSTD for some aftermarket slip ons. I have seen some fishtail slip on mufflers on some Ventures on this site and I believe that they are made by Samson exhausts. Just wanted to inquire if anyone can give me some feedback that have them on their bikes regarding how they like them. I am not looking for a loud exhaust so any information on how they sound compared to the stock mufflers would be appreciated. I am interested in the fishtails mainly because I feel they complement the lines of the bike. If there are any other slip on exhausts that are out there that are worth considering then please feel free to chime in.

I have the Samsons on mine, they are pretty loud, they have a nice deep throaty sound on idle and low revs, but they get pretty loud if you crack it open. I will be at maint Day if you are interested in hearing them, alot louder than stock. I do like the looks though, guess they are starting to grow on me, mite keep em:cool10: Craig

Hey Craig, didn't see that Blue thing in Classifieds. Did you sell it? Can I quit drooling now?

Yeah Dan, It didnt last long, went the first weekend I put it up, I should have started alittle higher:whistling: Craig

I used Bub slip ons and adapted some HD fishtail tips. Good looks and not too loud.

Yeh they sound and look good too, too bad they did not make it into my trunk :sign20: Bet you were keeping your eye on them

BRad

Guest JR'S 06 RSV
I have the Samsons on mine, they are pretty loud, they have a nice deep throaty sound on idle and low revs, but they get pretty loud if you crack it open. I will be at maint Day if you are interested in hearing them, alot louder than stock. I do like the looks though, guess they are starting to grow on me, mite keep em:cool10: Craig

Ahh Craig.. I thought they would grow on you. lol.. I'm glad you're enjoying your new bike.

J.R.

i have Sampson Fish Tails on my '97 RSTD and like them very much but get a lot of backfire on deceleration. Was told by Ward's Yamaha in Troy AL that with those pipes there will be a lot of backfiring (popping).

Guest Deerjunky
Looking to possibly change out the stock mufflers on my RSTD for some aftermarket slip ons. I have seen some fishtail slip on mufflers on some Ventures on this site and I believe that they are made by Samson exhausts. Just wanted to inquire if anyone can give me some feedback that have them on their bikes regarding how they like them. I am not looking for a loud exhaust so any information on how they sound compared to the stock mufflers would be appreciated. I am interested in the fishtails mainly because I feel they complement the lines of the bike. If there are any other slip on exhausts that are out there that are worth considering then please feel free to chime in.

Check out Roadhouse Brand. Got them on my RSTD, and they are very high quality; very nice sound; and not so loud to get a person in trouble. They are reasonably priced for the quality you get. Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Fishtail Pipes on mine also. Bought them thru JC Whitney three years ago. Unbaffled and loud, but deer here me and so do cagers. I am on my second pair of baffles trying to lower the sound down just a little. A set of quiet baffles will help, my Harley buds say there to loud when we they get up beside me.:cool10: Later-

• 1 year later...

I have a 2000 RSTD I just bought the fish tails from JC whitney, I saw someone on youtube had them and they sounded pretty good through the net. In his post he described what seemed to be a very easy install. take off the bolt from the bag harness/pipes slide pipe off,and install slip ons, well it looks Like the pipe is connected all the way past the split off. there is a bolt on the down pipe and another one on the straight pipe. so it would seem that the slip on would have to fork to be able to slip on. unless I'm missing something. The whole bike is stock. someone please help. nothing worse than having a toy and not being able to play with it :think: thanks