IGNORED

cleaning rust off smaller chrome pieces

Eck

Saw a show last night on TV where the guy poured cider vinegar into a small bucket and then placed a rusty chrome part in it. He said let it soak for 30 minutes to an hour then just rinse the part off and the part looked brand new... add some wax and your back in business....no scrubbing at all..

Heck, I was impressed...........

Saw a show last night on TV where the guy poured cider vinegar into a small bucket and then placed a rusty chrome part in it. He said let it soak for 30 minutes to an hour then just rinse the part off and the part looked brand new... add some wax and your back in business....no scrubbing at all..

If have used vinegar to "de-rust" the inside of cycle fuel tanks. Cheap to buy at WalMart, fill completely, soak overnight, drain and flush with water, blow dry with air pressure, add a little oil and gas mixture . Good as new unless it is full of flaking rust.

I heard the same thing so I tried it on my step on the side of my truck where the paint had chipped off and was rusty. didn't work. then I tried some rust remover that I have and that seemed to work. now I just have to get some paint on it.

Eck, I'm sure you've seen where guys have posted about using aluminum foil. I haven't tried it, but I sure don't doubt that it works. I'm sure that you would have to put some type of finish/sealer/polish over it after using the foil.