IGNORED

Last Sunday's Joke

Godlover

When I moved to Newton 8 1/2 years ago the church I was called to had gone through some real struggles. I decided that maybe I should start each sermon with a joke to cheer the congregation up. There were a couple of times I quit telling jokes and the people rebelled so I keep doing it. I've used a few from this thread - but not all of them! :) Anyway - I have a whole file of jokes so here is the one I told Sunday - and the second is one I haven't used yet!

A Kentucky horse breeder had a filly that won every race in which she was entered, but as she got older she became very temperamental.

He soon found that when he raced her in the evening, she would win handily, but when she raced during the day she would come in dead last.

He consulted the top veterinarians and horse psychologists and spent thousands of dollars but to no avail.

He finally had to give up because it had become a real night mare.

Two elderly gentlemen were talking over a cup of coffee.

the first one boasted. "I guess you're never too old," "Why just yesterday a pretty college girl said she'd be interested in dating me. But to be perfectly honest, I don't quite understand it."

His Friend said, "Well,", "you have to remember that nowadays women are more aggressive. They don't mind being the one to ask."

"No, I don't think it's that."

"Well, maybe you remind her of her father."

"No, it's not that either. It's just that she also mentioned something about carbon 14."