IGNORED

The PERFECT Dashcam!

cabreco

I have found THE perfect motorcycle dash cam. It's called a Mobius. It is the size of a tic tac box. It's 1080P, records onto a micro SD card, (both audio & video) it will record while plugged into a USB power outlet (not on PC) it will record in incremental clips of all 5 min 10 min 15 min etc, it will record on a loop replacing the 1st clip when the card is full. it records in low light, fully customizable & it is comparable in video quality to a $400 GoPro Hero 3 for $80 bucks.

You can get various accessories for it including waterproof cases, suction cup mounts etc. Awesome camera. I found out about it from the R/C Forums. I just picked it up & I am pretty impressed.

I have attached the owners manual and the link to their website, although this camera can be found on Amazon & Ebay as well.

Thought I would share it with the club.

mobius1.jpg

https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/

Mobius-Manual-23jan15a.pdf

Cool

But I have to ask, what kind of R/C do you do?

I just started getting into it, I just picked up a little drone to practice on. It has a built in 1080P camera. It was fairly cheap so I can afford to crash it to death.

(I am finding out the drones are not as easy to fly as they look.)

The last time I flew a toy plane I was 12 and it was a WW2 German Focke-Wulf FW-190...unfortunately I'm so old RADIO control wasn't invented yet LoL. It was a nitro powered 1/6 scale plane on a string that I would fly in a circle!

I hear that, I started flying almost 50 years ago but never stopped. I started going in circles too. Now I fly almost anything that will get off the ground.

REALLY? Then Dude...you should get a real big kick from this rig!

Does this camera record sound? I'd like to see a vid with the sound recorded ... maybe while it's mounted on a bike.

YEP, found the info.

cabreco, thanks a ton for posting this and causing me to spend MORE MONEY!! LOL

My order:

Mobius Action Cam Pro 16Gb

USB Car Charger

Extender Power Supply

Universal Helmet Mount

Extra 16Gb memory card

Extra High Capacity battery

V mount package

Geesh !!

Edited by SilvrT

Decent footage but I don't like the way it changes white balance but still doesn't get it right on the cloudy day. Good picture though for the bux!

David I agree but I also did not fine tune the camera with the setup utility. I see it does have a rather good selection as well as automatic low light adjustment etc. It's a small application found here.

http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/mSetup.zip

This is also where you set up the 190 degree rotation as well as the loop recording & clip sizes

I just started getting into it, I just picked up a little drone to practice on. It has a built in 1080P camera. It was fairly cheap so I can afford to crash it to death.

(I am finding out the drones are not as easy to fly as they look.)

The last time I flew a toy plane I was 12 and it was a WW2 German Focke-Wulf FW-190...unfortunately I'm so old RADIO control wasn't invented yet LoL. It was a nitro powered 1/6 scale plane on a string that I would fly in a circle!

You are correct very easy to crash even in training mode. A seconds inattention and I'm either shaking a tree or climbing the roof!!!! Mine doesn't do video just stills