IGNORED

My Buddies Want to Use SENA Headsets

So, my buddies don't have CB radio on their bikes. They are thinking about using the SENA SMH5-02 systems. I already ordered 2 old-style headsets from Sierra-MC. Is there a SENA (or other system) that would just plug into my cord and allow me to use my headset rather than the bluetooth one?

Or is there some other solution we should all try?

I personally use Sena Bluetooth smh10 units on my helmets.....I don't waste my time with the CB's on our bikes....they are mainly for show in my opinion, kinda like having a antique floor model radio in your living room.....great conversation piece but nothing I would rely on for everyday communication. Plus with the Sena units you can answer and make phone calls handsfree, have Siri on your iPhone send txt messages hands free, hear turn by turn directions from your GPS, and listen to your tunes on your phone. Plus it is all voice activated when your talking to you buddies with other Sena units. No pushing buttons to distract you while driving......It is distracting enough for me just to speak and drive let alone remember to hold down the PTT button on the handlebar every time I speak.

So, my buddies don't have CB radio on their bikes. They are thinking about using the SENA SMH5-02 systems. I already ordered 2 old-style headsets from Sierra-MC. Is there a SENA (or other system) that would just plug into my cord and allow me to use my headset rather than the bluetooth one?

Or is there some other solution we should all try?

Edited by VanRiver

My wife and I traveled with my daughter and her husband this past fall on the bikes. We have the Sena 20 headsets. All four of us talked back and forth. I also had music playing and GPS turn by turn all at the same time. I was against getting them due to the cost. I now can say if I had to, I'd buy them all over again.