IGNORED

Amp & speaker

920shrek1

Finally finished installing a Alpine amp, and speakers. And i am pleased with the results it nice to cruz down the inter state at 80mph and here the radio nice and clear with out all that distortsion. Speakers are Alpine SPS-400 140watts peak - 45 wattsRMS and the amp is a Alpine KTP-445 45W RMSX4 It took some doing but finally have it in and working. Its only 2.5"WX1.75"HX7"L so it fit nicely in the front farring. It comes as a plug in to the Alpine stero so i had to cut off the plugs and Hard wire it. And that was the worst part of it.No wire diagram for the amp. A 2hr job that took 4days.

Interesting, I might give them a shoot.:scratchchin:

Just wondering why did you not go with the sps-10c2 's ??

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6466_Alpine+SPS-10C2.html

Looks like a little more powerful speaker. I am sure I am missing something though.

also how is the bass on them after the install? I already have my amp. and using Polk's.

still trying to find a even better speaker though.

Thanks,

Jeff

Interesting, I might give them a shoot.:scratchchin:

Just wondering why did you not go with the sps-10c2 's ??

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6466_Alpine+SPS-10C2.html

Looks like a little more powerful speaker. I am sure I am missing something though.

also how is the bass on them after the install? I already have my amp. and using Polk's.

still trying to find a even better speaker though.

Thanks,

Jeff

wait untill after may 1st and you can listen to my before you buy.

Finally finished installing a Alpine amp, and speakers. And i am pleased with the results it nice to cruz down the inter state at 80mph and here the radio nice and clear with out all that distortsion. Speakers are Alpine SPS-400 140watts peak - 45 wattsRMS and the amp is a Alpine KTP-445 45W RMSX4 It took some doing but finally have it in and working. Its only 2.5"WX1.75"HX7"L so it fit nicely in the front farring. It comes as a plug in to the Alpine stero so i had to cut off the plugs and Hard wire it. And that was the worst part of it.No wire diagram for the amp. A 2hr job that took 4days.

Neat mod. Are you concerned with or otherwise account for the heat the amp will generate?

Neat mod. Are you concerned with or otherwise account for the heat the amp will generate?

Deal swears that its not going to be a problem but i added two screws besides the double side tape to hold it in place. say they put them in Bikes all the time with out any problems.

• 1 year later...

OK....so I know that most folks are using Polk speakers because they are Marine rated. What other brands of 4 inch Marine speakers are you using? Also what is the depth on the enclosures for the rear speakers. I seen where someone tried to install Alpine 4" speakers in the rear and they were too deep.

I have been through a few different type speakers myself. Polk's seem to be the better sound but still not great. you will never get a great sound from this set-up .

I even use a 240 watt amp in the trunk as well, helps a little bit.

I have tried everything in the RSV. the baffles, the bass blockers , yadda , yadda , yadda !

I think the rears sound a little better due to the fact that there in a (pod) and the

sound bounces back better. the fronts I think that you loose the sound as it falls into

the fairing. that's my thoughts on this.

As far as the depth the Polk is the deepest you can go. take a look.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18228

• 7 months later...

I have just bought an 08 RSV looking for ideas..what is the wiring diagram/codes for the factory wiring to this amp and from amp to speakers....I had a V star for 7 years and now looking to new RSV once snow goes

thanks for any help