IGNORED

Paint Codes for 1983 Venture Royalle

Mr_D

color Rite does not have the 1st gen codes any longer. Also depending on the year there were different shades of tutone blue. If you don't know the year you are probably better off going to a auto paint supplier and having them scan your part for a match

:sign yeah that:

There were three different two-tone 'blue' colors. The 1984 and 1987 Standard had a two-tone 'blue' scheme. It was actually called "Orion Silver" and "Aurora Silver". The Yamaha color code was 0GA for the darker 'blue' Orion Silver and 0FY for the lighter 'blue' Aurora Silver.

The 1989 and 1990 'blue' bikes were "Dull Blue Cocktail" (Yamaha code 08B) and "Dark Greyish Blue Metallic" (code 09B).

Finally, the 1992 and 1993 'blue' bikes were "Star Blue Metallic" (code 08E) and "Enticer Blue Metallic" (code 0WW).

But as Paul says, the years have taken a toll on the colors of any bike and even if you found the correct coded paint, it is unlikely the new paint would match the old paint. Get the part that you have computer scanned and you will get a concoction very close to your faded blue.

Thanks guys for your input. I am very fortunate to have a Left side fairing that has never actually seen sun. It was replaced in the spring of 1983 after the dealer put a serious mark in the customers bike . The dealer ship ordered him a new left side fairing and then gave him the old one. It sat in his garage from the spring of 1983 till the summer of 2013 when I got it from him

Thanks guys for your input. I am very fortunate to have a Left side fairing that has never actually seen sun. It was replaced in the spring of 1983 after the dealer put a serious mark in the customers bike . The dealer ship ordered him a new left side fairing and then gave him the old one. It sat in his garage from the spring of 1983 till the summer of 2013 when I got it from him

Interesting. There was no 1983 Venture in blue intended for the US market. Apparently, if your "spring of 1983" assertion is correct, there may have been a two-tone blue 1983 Venture imported to Canada. I would be very, very interested in your friend's Venture VIN. Do you or he recall if that Venture was a Standard or a Royale? Does he still have it?