IGNORED

No cruise control lights

gorski

Hi All,

New hear, just purchased a 2007 Royal Star Venture, wow what a bike! Previous original owner said he never had any issue with cruise control, I tend to believe him, but when I turn it on the switch, it goes back to center position I believe like it should, but there are no dash lights at all. Haven't taken anything apart yet and am wondering if there is a fuse that could have blown or any suggestions as to where to start my trouble shooting. Thanks in advance, great forum!...Gorski

Regarding the switch....yes it returns to center position and this latches the relay to power cruise for that ride.....as soon as the ignition switch is shut off, the relay opens.

You have to rock the switch far right (with key ON) to relatch it next ride you want to use cruise.

Edited by Neil86

Hey Neil, have tried that as well, turned it off shut the bike down, refired, waited till I got up to bout 60 and turned it on, still no lights nor does it set if I hit the set button, thinking it may be beyond my abilities....hmmmm

• 2 months later...

Gorski, I'm new here. But have my CC figured out...press set button, hold it a second, when the cruise control light comes on, just let the button go. When resuming, you have to be fairly close to the initial setting for it to "latch" on.

Thanks oconeedan... Have tried many different ways to hold the switch to no avail, I have no lights at all. Waiting on the weather to clear a bit here in Delaware to try again to figure it out. Should the CC lights be on all the time? or are they off until you try to set it.... Thanks again

There is a service manual on here in the 2nd Gen Tech Articles.

On page 8-73 is the diags for cruise.

Venture Manuals

To get my cruise to work:

Master switch toggle full LEFT and it will return to center for ON.

To set Speed:

Push SET/DEC once then right away hit RES/ACC -twice- and cruise will take over at the speed you are at with no waiting.

Edited by Du-Rron

The cruise light (blue if I remember, bike is in winter hibernation) will only be on if the switch is in the center position. and the cruise power relay is closed.

When you move the switch to ON, it springs back to center....once the key has been shut off, you will have to rock the switch again to use the cruise...in other words it defaults to cruise power off on every startup.

There is a green SET light that be on if the bike is set at a speed.

Edited by Neil86

Ok, so I should have lights on the dash when I turn the switch on, I have turned it to off and then on while riding and no lights on the dash come on. Switch acts as it should, toggles to the left then to center but just no lights on the dash. Hoping it is just a relay, waiting on the weather to break so I can check it out, Thanks