IGNORED

Brake rotors at JC Whitney

As a rule of thumb, when cheap and rotor are put together, it's not usually a marriage made in heaven. I can't comment on using them, but I am VERY skeptical that they would last very long. You could always volunteer to be the guinea pig and try them out with a follow up report...

Rotors, you get what you pay for in durability. But my EBC rotors HATE EBC "HH" pads. AT 15mph the tire wants to lock up due to the aggressive nature of the HH pads initial bite on the softer EBC rotors compared to the OEM. I went with SBC- HH now all has been cured for years. The rotors are true checked with dial indicator. If you go to "GG" pads maybe any rotor will be usable. BUt where's the link to check this out ?:detective:

Currently, JC Whitney's customer service is being handled in the Philippines, so good luck with that if something doesn't meet your needs..

The LaSalle call center and the Independence, Ohio call centers have both been closed.

Also the parent company "US Auto part's" has also closed its Carson, CA distribution facility.....Hummmmmmm

I would be very cautions in purchasing anything from JC Whitney nowadays.

Quality standards may be slacking and may not meet all safety requirements.!!

Edited by Eck

Currently, JC Whitney's customer service is being handled in the Philippines, so good luck with that if something doesn't meet your needs..

The LaSalle call center and the Independence, Ohio call centers have both been closed.

Also the parent company "US Auto part's" has also closed its Carson, CA distribution facility.....Hummmmmmm

I would be very cautions in purchasing anything from JC Whitney nowadays.

Quality standards may be slacking and may not meet all safety requirements.!!

Quality of the merchandise has always been a concern at JC Whitney, however they did start handling brand name items more than a few years ago. I went to the store in Chicago in 19 and 89. It was called Warsharsky's (close enough) Auto Parts. It was like stepping back into 1968. No computers, paper catalogs and slides from ceiling to floor that carried merchandise from above to the sales floor. 5 cashiers with 1968 vintage cash registers...anyway I digress...

I just bought a "Slip Stream" windshield for my '84 through Whitney. No Problems with the purchase or shipping. The Whitney catalog shows 2 windshields from Slip Stream for the 1st gen bikes. I called Slip Stream to see what the difference was between the 2 windshields. Slip Stream says they make ONE windshield for this bike, strange that Whitney shows TWO. I bought the less expensive one, no complaints....

Edited by dna9656

I always wondered why they operated as 2 companies, Wysarsky and Whitney. Last I knew they were in Chicago. Guess everything is changing and not always for the better. JC Whitneys parts were from my past experience sometimes a lesser quality. Have not bought anything from them in probably 10yr. Seems to me unless it specificly says it has to meet oem nd dot spec. But thats not to say it going to be a long lasting part. Back in the 70s bought alot from them. In the days before the intronet it was all we had.