IGNORED

New fuse block clearance

I've been looking at the various fuse block threads on here and have noted the occasional reference to clearance issues. Most of the replacement ATC fuse blocks I have found so far are between 1.3" and 1.5". Has anyone actually figured out how much room there is between the battery and the top cover?

We just replaced the fuse block on my son's '83. It had been sitting for a while and the battery was really weak, so I tossed in a 20 from a 2ndGen and with the lower batt profile the block cleared the cover with out having to McGuiver anything... :beer:

Well think the 1.5 would fit. Get a scrap piece of wood, put in location you want to use. See if the cover will fit. That's how I checked mine. Or a small box.
That's a great idea, too simple for me to have thought of. :bang head:

Not sure if this will help you Clive but I just happen to see it yesterday..... uses the little micro fuses.

ATV Accessory Fuse Block Kit New Mini ATC Honda Polaris Yamaha Kawasaki Deere | eBay

Nice looking unit but no dimensions listed. It does not look like it will fit in the stock location.

We just replaced the fuse block on my son's '83. It had been sitting for a while and the battery was really weak, so I tossed in a 20 from a 2ndGen and with the lower batt profile the block cleared the cover with out having to McGuiver anything... :beer:
That's a good idea, I don't need a battery at this time but will keep it in mind when I do replace it.

Thanks for the helpful replies.