IGNORED

Shindengen Regulator/Rectifier Question

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37971 (look at first post)

In one of the old Shindengen regulator/rectifier threads, someone mentioned using a XV535 regulator/rectifier on a VR.

Since I have an XV535 with a dead R/R, is it possible to use one of the Shindengens that were part of the group buy (from last year) to replace the dead one? The connectors look different to me but maybe I need to be more creative. (And yes, on the Virago 535 I have, the R/R is buried on the backside of the engine and very difficult to get a good look at the rectifier itself.)

Another reason that I ask this question -- the XV535 R/R is allegedly the same as the one listed for that vintage VMAX. Could it be the same as the original R/R for the VR?

NOT completely true. The shindegen regulator/rectifier is only for 3 phase (3 wires) stators WITH Permanent Magnet rotors. IF the rotor is externally excited (i.e. with slip rings and brushes) then you need another type of regulator/rectifier.

NOT completely true. The shindegen regulator/rectifier is only for 3 phase (3 wires) stators WITH Permanent Magnet rotors. IF the rotor is externally excited (i.e. with slip rings and brushes) then you need another type of regulator/rectifier.

usually brush types on 'cycles only have 2 brushes. Simply if you have an 3 wire internal engine stator it should work. And it will work on the 535. As your 535 has the same electrics as my old 550.