After almost making it to work, I came to a stop light and tried to down shift on the way to the light. When I stopped, it was still in 2nd. I tried to down shift to first but it wouldn't have it. I tried to rock it and shift up and back down again, but it still would not go into first. Stupid me, just pushed a little harder and it popped and went all the way down (like I broke something). It did go into first though. After that when I shift to first, it makes a grinding noise before it goes into gear. I do not hear this when I shift into 2nd and up. Did I break something?:mo money:

I would put bike on center stand, and rotate tire by hand, and try to run thru gears with the other hand on the lever. What do you feel ??

See if you can run it thru the gears by hand .

Might be problem with the shift linkage, There are two more pivot points and a linkage located Under the rear Case cover. Might be a problem with that linkage.

Or one of the 4 pivot points, of the linkage.

If not that, then I guess next thing would be remove the clutch cover, and clutch basket. Check the shifting mechanism located under the Clutch Basket. Pull that up in the service manual, to have a look at what is involved.