PDA

View Full Version : Anti-fog?

Spyder
10-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Has anyone used Rain-X anti-fog? I have a Clearview shield and I can deal with the rain but when I hit those pockets of warm air in the morning and the whole thing fogs up I just can't see through it.

Freebird
10-07-2006, 08:09 AM
They say that RainX is ok on the Clearview shield. It doesn't have the coating like the stock Lexan shields.

nats
11-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Hi All,
I know that some of the readers have mentioned fogging of the windshield. I had the difficulty a few times since buying the Venture. I rounded a curve in the fog and the curve seemed to catch all the moisture and put it on the inside of my windshield. Since I have a stock height windshield, this was not good. I had been a scuba diver in the early years. I went to a dive shop and purchased a produce called Sea Quick. It is an anti fog spray for diving masks. It cost $6.95 for tow ounces. I used it last week and it was terrific. I rode through the fog with now loss of vision. I used it on the inside and the outside. It did not rain that day so I do not know how it will work in the rain, but the heavy fog was cured. I will keep this in my trunk.

hig4s
11-24-2007, 05:18 PM
They say that RainX is ok on the Clearview shield. It doesn't have the coating like the stock Lexan shields.

I'm not sure about he anti-fog, but regular Rain-X says right on the bottle not to use on plastic or plexi-glass as it can cause damage.

If I was to try anything to help with fogging I would try the Zaino products.

KitCarson
11-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Rain X now makes a product specifically for plastic and lexan windshields. I have seen it in the bigger super Walmarts. I no longer have a problem with that skyscraper windshield, I installed a 12 inch shield from Cee Bailey and use a helmet with a flip up shield........also solves the heat problem in the hot summer , I now have plenty of air flow, can see over the shield when I have to, and for colder days, have the shield on the helmet.

classicride
11-24-2007, 07:54 PM
I looked up West Marine and Kiefer swim supply's in Zion, Il. :cool10:

West Marine sells something called "De Fog" and Kiefer sells "Goggle Bright" other alternatives to Sea Quick if you can not find it. :detective: